Field Archaeologist- New Orleans, LA

Candace Newton

R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. has immediate openings for field archaeologists to work out of our New Orleans, Louisiana office on a variety of local and non-local projects. The projects will be mobilized from our New Orleans office and include Phase I surveys to Phase III urban data recoveries. Some projects will require travel for which single occupancy lodging and per diem reimbursements will be provided (no receipts required).

Minimum qualifications include a B.A./B.S. in Archeology/ Anthropology and successful completion of an accredited archaeological field school. Familiarity with GPS and/or GIS is desirable. Previous experience on Phase I, II, or III cultural resources projects is a plus.

Based on merit, this position can become permanent for the right candidate(s). The position includes paid holidays; health, vision, and dental insurance; annual and sick leave; and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) program. The compensation is competitive and commensurate with educational and professional experience.

Candidates who have submitted applications with RCG&A previously are encouraged to apply again.

R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. is the recipient of the National Trust for Historic Preservation’s National Preservation Honor Award, the U.S. Small Business Association’s Administrator’s Award of Excellence, two Environmental Excellence and Stewardship Awards, and in 2014 was named Louisiana’s Archaeologists of the Year.  We have been named a “Top Ten” Family Friendly Business.

During the current COVID-19 pandemic R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. is adhering to Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidance and to state and local requirements for the work place, to assure that field surveys, data analyses, agency updates, and reporting continue unabated in the safest possible work environment to the very best of our ability.

Furthermore, R. Christopher Goodwin & Associates, Inc. maintains a Drug-Free Workplace, and frequently works on projects requiring security screening. All candidates must pass a background check and drug testing.

Your application must include a letter of interest, a full CV, and contact information of three professional or academic references who can speak to your archaeological capabilities and work experience.

Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled

To apply, please visit the Careers Section of our website at www.rcgoodwin.com

#archaeologist #fieldarchaeologist