PaleoWest is a solution-driven cultural and heritage resources consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest is actively seeking multiple MID-LEVEL BIOLOGISTS to immediately support our FEMA PA support contract. This assignment is a deployment to Saipan for a period of up to 18 months. Work may begin as early as December 2020. Staff will provide technical expertise to assist FEMA evaluation of effects of projects on biological resources. Staff will prepare analysis and conduct field studies, as well as conduct environmental compliance review. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, pass a security clearance, and undergo a background check.
This is an amazing opportunity! Do not miss out on this professional experience and in a beautiful environment. Please only apply if you meet the minimum requirements below and have availability starting in December 2020.
Saipan, Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
· 5 or more years of experience in biological evaluations for federally listed threatened and endangered species
· An undergraduate degree in biology or an environmental science or related field
· Experience with Endangered Species Act compliance and federal project reviews
· Experience in the Pacific Islands
· Prior experience with local moorhen and reed warbler avian species
· Experience supporting large, complex projects that involved multi-agency and stakeholder coordination
· Experience in conducting environmental reviews of infrastructure projects in Region IX
· Experience with ESA compliance for the PA Program and other FEMA grant programs in Region IX, including preparation of Biological Assessments and support for consultations with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) and National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
· Experience with “Formal” consultation with the USFWS and/or the NMFS in California
· Experience implementing Section 7 Endangered Species Act consultation in accordance with FEMA
· Programmatic Biological Opinions and Letters of Concurrence with the USFWS and/or the NMFS
· Experience with the implementation of Avoidance and Minimization Measures and Best Management Practices, as prescribed by the USFWS and/or NMFS, through consultation
· Member of multidisciplinary Environmental and Historic Preservation compliance team capable of holistic approach to project management and compliance requirements
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume and cover letter, including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits are commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out-of-town work.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.