4-6 Cultural Resource Associates (Field Technicians) - Moon Township Office in Pittsburgh, PA - Michael Baker International

R. Joe Brandon

DESCRIPTION

Michael Baker International is seeking to hire 4-6 Cultural Resource Associates (Field Technicians) based out of the Moon Township Office in Pittsburgh, PA for upcoming Phase I archaeological field investigations in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.

Work is tentatively scheduled for November and December

This is a per diem job. Hourly rate $16.00.

This is a temporary position.

Please apply at www.mbakerintl.com job# 201254.

So what does a Cultural Resources Associate at Michael Baker International do?

Cultural Resources Associates are responsible for conducting archaeological field investigations; traveling to project locations in multiple states; conducting reconnaissance surveys and shovel testing; identifying and delineating archaeological sites; performing deep soil excavations in conjunction with geomorphological evaluations; assisting in the collection of field data and archival background contextual information; identifying prehistoric and historic artifacts; and conducting detailed excavations of archaeological features.

Could you be the Cultural Resources Associate we are looking for?

• Candidates for the position of Cultural Resources Associate should possess a degree (B.A. minimally or demonstration of curriculum leading to degree) in Anthropology (Archaeology), Cultural Resource Management, History, Geology, Soil Science or related field.
• Demonstration of experience in performing the tasks detailed above is preferred.
• The successful candidate must be a licensed driver.
• Demonstrated experience in Phase II testing and/or Phase III data recovery a plus.
• Preference will also be given to individuals with health and safety certifications, as well as, compass skills, knowledge of soils, GPS, and Static Lidar.
• Phase I pipeline survey experience

WHO WE ARE

Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural, engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, environmental, construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker’s more than 3,000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more, visit https://mbakerintl.com/.

PLANNING PRACTICE

We create, integrate, visualize and communicate planning concepts as they move from the initial vision through implementation. Our planning professionals build strong client partnerships, working with residents, businesses, developers, educational and medical organizations, state and local governments, the military and other federal agencies to successfully plan the future of their communities or institutions. At Michael Baker International, we focus on people and places, improving communities and creating more sustainable, convenient, equitable, healthful, efficient, and attractive places.

MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT

Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.

EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.