Senior Archeologist - Austin, Tx - Blanton & Associates, Inc.

rjoe_brandon

Senior Archeologist
Description

Blanton & Associates, Inc. seeks a Senior Archeologist for our Austin, Texas office. The successful candidate will be a Principal Investigator (Pl) with a proven record providing compliance archeology for public and/or private clients, experience winning, bidding, and managing archeology-focused contracts, skills to complete proposals and statements of qualification responses, as well as experience in successful team building.

Responsibilities will include:

* Developing and pursuing new client relationships and contracts.e Preparing proposals, statements of qualifications, scopes, and budgets.e Serving as the Pl for projects and obtaining Antiquities Permits from the THC.
* Completing compliance documentation and coordination for the Antiquities Code of Texas and Section106 of the NHPA.
* Reviewing reports, scopes, and budgets.
* Preparing environmental documentation, including technical reports, and permit applications.
* Conducting research and data collection for environmental investigations and documentation.
* Conducting fieldwork and attending meetings, as needed or required.

QualificationsAdvanced degree in archeology, anthropology, or similar discipline. Local candidates are preferred.

6+ years relevant professional work experience, including successful business development experience. Work experience should include projects in Texas. TxDOT experience and pre-certification is a plus.

Working knowledge of environmental regulations, including NEPA, Section 106 of the National HistoricPreservation Act, and the Antiquities Codes of various states.

Computer skills should include the MS Office Suite. Excellent technical writing and communication skills required. (A writing sample may be requested.)

Please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to jobs@.... Position is open until filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.

Compensation

This is a full time, salaried position with medical, dental, and vision insurance provided. A 401(k) plan with profit sharing is included in the benefit package. Pay commensurate with experience.

Company Description

Blanton & Associates, Inc., delivers a broad range of environmental consulting, planning, and project management with a focus on regulatory compliance and permitting. Our Austin-based firm provides a relaxed working environment where self-starters and motivated employees can succeed. Visit our website athttp://www.blantonassociates.com for more career opportunities.

We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.