Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. seeks a Staff Archaeologist II in our West Virginia office
Charles "Chuck" Niquette
The Hurricane, West Virginia office of Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. (CRA) seeks a Staff Archaeologist II. We are looking for a dedicated professional seeking a permanent, full-time, long-term position. CRA’s West Virginia branch office has been located in the vibrant, growing and economically prosperous town of Hurricane since 1995, and currently employs a full-time staff of seven. The office and laboratory are conveniently located near both the state capitol of Charleston and the home of Marshall University in Huntington.
This position is a full-time, salaried position with a full benefit package, including health, retirement and insurance. Salary expectations will be fully negotiable and commensurate with experience.
· Direct and manage all phases of compliance projects for clients in both the public and private sectors;
· Conduct and/or supervise fieldwork for archaeological monitoring, site identification survey, site evaluation, and data recovery, including projects that may require stays away from home;
· Conduct artifact analyses, interpret analytical data, and prepare technical reports for all phases of fieldwork.
· A demonstrated ability to write clearly and professionally;
· A graduate degree in Anthropology;
· A minimum of 2 years of experience completing the duties listed above for a Staff Archaeologist II;
· Qualification under the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology;
· Demonstrated skills and supervisory experience in all phases of fieldwork;
· Ability to use GPS units and navigate efficiently in remote areas;
· Technological proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database usage;
· Ability to work in a variety of field conditions, including both walking and operating 4-wheel drive vehicles in mountainous Appalachian terrain; and
· Ability to stoop, bend, and lift as required by the fieldwork.
· Extensive knowledge of Ohio Valley precontact and/or historical archaeology;
· Technical ability using GIS software; and
· Experience in lithic analysis and/or historic artifact analysis.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, three professional references, and a writing sample to Bridgette Robinson via email at barobinson@.... Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc. employees are required to undergo a background check that includes driving history. CRA reserves the right to perform drug/alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment. Please contact Mike Anslinger via email (manslinger@... or phone (304) 562-7233 with questions about the position.
For more in-depth information about CRA and our 36 years of experience in the study of archaeology and the historic built environment, please visit our website at www.crai-ky.com. CRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.