POWER Engineers - Archaeological On-Call Field Techs (3-4) - Salt Lake City, UT

Janet Littley

Archaeological On-Call (Temporary) Field Technician

Please apply using this link:

https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=6629

No emailed resumes can be accepted as an application.

POWER Engineers is seeking several Archaeological On-Call (Temporary) Field Technicians (n=3 to 4) for our Cultural Resources Group, based out of our Salt Lake City, Utah office, for potential fieldwork in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming.  These individuals will assist senior archaeologists in fieldwork, laboratory analysis, monitoring, and preparation of technical reports and environmental documents. Experience in these states is helpful but not required.

On-call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their POWER assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for POWER).

Candidates should be familiar with archaeological site recording, artifact identification, mapping, shovel testing, and other common field tasks. Candidates will be required to hike over long distances over potentially difficult terrain through potentially inclement weather. Proper clothing and field gear will be required.

Key Responsibilities & Duties may include pedestrian survey, NRHP evaluation, testing, data recovery, and/or construction monitoring, as well as other tasks as assigned. Position also may require artifact analyses, keeping of field notes and records, and writing key sections of reports (methods, results, artifact analyses).

Travel and Compensation:

Travel to projects will be provided if the candidate can be in the Salt Lake City area for mobilization to the project in a company vehicle.  No travel time or expenses will be paid for those candidates who wish to meet the field crew at a project location. This position is part-time and pay is determined based on education and experience.

Required Skills/Experience

·         B.A. or B.S. in Anthropology or Archaeology and one to two years of relevant field experience, OR a minimum of three to four years of regionally specific archaeological field experience

·         Must have completed an Archaeological field school

·         Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check

Desired Skills/Experience

·         Experience with GPS mapping

·         Experience with Report Writing

·         Experience with artifact identification and recording

·         Experience with site form completion and editing

·         Experience with shovel testing

·         Experience in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming is helpful but not required

·         Utah (or nearby state) residency preferred

PLEASE PROVIDE THREE PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES IN YOUR APPLICATOIN

At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.

Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.

EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled

Janet Littley

Senior Technical Recruiter

Janet.littley@...

POWER Engineers, Inc.
www.powereng.com

Discover your future here.

P Go Green! Please print this email only when necessary.

Thank you for helping POWER Engineers be environmentally responsible.