PaleoWest Archaeology is a solution driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best Cultural Resource Management (CRM) professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.
PaleoWest is seeking Archaeological Field Technicians for upcoming projects in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The role will assist the Field Director and Project Team in completing archaeological pedestrian surveys, testing and data recovery excavations, construction monitoring, and other field or office tasks. You should be available to work full-time on an as-needed basis.
· B.A. or B.S. degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required
· Must have certification from an accredited Archaeological Field School or have demonstrated equivalent experience
· Current valid driver’s license
· Ability to endure adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations
· Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment
PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume & cover letter including professional references and hourly pay requirements. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out of town work.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.