On-Call Field Archaeologist- Midwest (OK, AR, MS, MO, TX)

Company Profile

PaleoWest is a solution driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best Cultural Resource Management (CRM) professionals in the industry. PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking.

Job Description

PaleoWest is looking for on-call Field Archaeologists for projects across the US.  We have a need for people in all states, but particularly Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Mississippi and Arkansas.  PaleoWest is a technology-forward company that places an emphasis on high-quality data collection and archaeological standards. Experience and adaptability using technology is encouraged. Fieldwork may include adverse environmental conditions, including hot and cold temperatures, precipitation, and challenging terrain for sustained durations. Experience with testing and data recovery excavation is preferred.

Qualifications

·         M.A., RPA degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a closely related field is required

·         Must live in OK, AR, MS, MO and TX

·         Must have work history within that region

·         Must have prehistoric work history within that region

·         Preferred experience with telecommunications work

·         Must demonstrate excellent attention to detail, a positive work ethic, reliability, and commitment to working both independently and in a team environment

Additional Information

PaleoWest is one of the most respected firms in the industry, with offices across the United States.  If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please send a resume & cover letter including professional references and hourly pay requirements.  Pay and benefits commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided for out of town work.

All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation.

Interested parties apply here.