Mary-Helen Brown <mary-helen.brown@...>
will assist in authoring reports per direction of the Lead Archaeologist, communicate directly with the Lead Archaeologist, and be involved with tasks that may include monitoring cultural resources; evaluating archaeological sites to determine their eligibility
for listing on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP); Native American consultation; maintaining curation of archival materials and the curation facility; updating the existing Edwards AFB ICRMP; conducting Phase I archaeological surveys; conducting
Phase II evaluations; maintenance of archaeological data across several databases; and utilization of GIS and GPS. The candidate will augment existing customer capabilities, work in a team framework, and be an on-site specialist to assist with the cultural
resources program. The Archaeologist will work on-site at the customer’s facility (and at home, due to COVID-19) at Edwards AFB, CA.
About the Organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy
change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what's right, what's smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is seeking an Archaeologist to assist on a task that may include monitoring cultural resources; evaluating archaeological sites to determine their eligibility for listing on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP); Native American
consultation; maintaining curation of archival materials and the curation facility; updating the existing Edwards AFB.
Primary duties will focus on assisting the Senior Archaeologist/Project Manager by performing tasks associated with conducting archaeological testing, excavation of test units, drawing profiles of units, surface collection of artifacts, washing or cleaning
of artifacts, and recording data with a trimble GPS. The Archaeologist will perform archaeological /environmental project assignments and coordinate project issues with project team members while taking direction from the Lead Archaeologist.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology or archaeology or a MA in archaeology or related degree
- Must be qualified per Secretary of Interior’s Professional Standards and Guidelines as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations - 36 CFR Part 61
- Minimum of 3-8 years of experience working in the Great Basin in Archaeological survey and/or excavation
- Must have work history conducting archaeological field work
- Demonstrated ability to carry research to completion, for example, by authoring reports of survey, excavation, artifact analysis, or method and theory
- Must possess or be able to obtain a standard California Driver’s License, be able to work in extreme climatic conditions, be able to walk long distances, work with minimal supervision, use GPS technology, read maps, and be skilled
in North American compliance Archaeological techniques and practices.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed verbal and technical report writing skills.Working knowledge of standard office computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) and GIS computer software (ArcGIS).
- Experience working in the Mojave Desert and the ability to work long days in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Knowledge and experience with mapping software (ArcMap).
- Experience navigating and collecting data using GPS technology.
- Working knowledge of National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), the Archaeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA), Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA); other applicable federal, state and local laws
and regulations; and related DoD and AF directives (including DoDI 4715.16; DoDI 4710.02; and AFI 32-7065).
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Upon hiring, the finalist must be able to pass a federal background check required prior to gaining access to unclassified government computer work stations.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.
Salary range: $40k-$45k
Are you looking for your next career opportunity? Or to make a bold move in your current career? Want to be part of a team that is dedicated, passionate and inspiring? Explore our career opportunities…