Archaeological Technicians

NativeX

Archaeological Technicians Needed.  Native-X, Inc. is still looking to hire a few additional archaeological technicians to work through the 2020 field season.  The coronavirus has delayed starting fieldwork but now we are now approved to begin.  We have to follow a strict set of virus and sanitation protocols which are required by the agencies we are working for including (but not limited to) not having any symptoms related to the coronavirus for at least 14 days prior to beginning fieldwork.

 We need two to three additional archaeological technicians to assist our core group in conducting survey and possible site testing for projects in northern California, Nevada, and southern Oregon for the 2020 field season.  Experience in California or Great Basin archaeology is preferred.  Successful candidates will have at least a BA/BS degree in anthropology/archaeology and at least 6 months survey experience.  Some projects will require camping and others will utilize motels (eventually depending on virus conditions).  The ability to walk 7-9 miles a day across a variety of terrain is also a must.  Work begins immediately with additional projects continuing throughout the summer/fall.  SCA wage rates apply for most of the work and vary by location, but for the most part are between $19 and $24 an hour.  Per diem and lodging paid during work sessions.  Individuals from the Reno / Sacramento region may be given preference.  Native-X is celebrating its 22nd year conducting archaeological investigations.  We prefer individuals who work hard, like to learn, and who are comfortable working in small groups.

If interested, please respond ASAP.  Please send resume and at least three references to John@....  Native-X, Inc. is a veteran-owned, small business and GSA contract holder.  To know more about us, visit our website at www.Native-X.com.  Please only serious responses.