Wood seeking experienced Project Archaeologist in Louisville, KY

Crook, Kelly

Overview / Responsibilities

Wood’s cultural resource program has an extensive work backlog and is seeking an energetic, team oriented, and experienced Project Archaeologist to support a nationwide team and rapidly growing cultural resource program. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)

This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.

Skills / Qualifications

  • Qualified candidates should possess a master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field, and have completed an accredited archaeological field school
  • Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology and be eligible for Register of Professional Archaeologists
  • A minimum of five years of demonstrable supervisory experience in CRM is preferred
  • Midwestern, Midcontinent, or Southeastern experience is preferred
  • They must also be capable of skills directly associated with standard archaeological survey and excavations, including familiarity with historic and prehistoric artifacts and archaeological features, standard documentation of field investigations, preparation of archaeological reports including site descriptions, and feature descriptions
  • A thorough understanding of archaeological site significance recommendations and justifications
  • A technical skill specialty is preferred, such as, but not limited to, historic or prehistoric artifact analysis, GIS experience, archival research, or geoarchaeology / geomorphology
  • Must have good organizational skills, and familiarity with standard office computer applications
  • Project Archaeologists are lead authors and coauthors on technical reports that document the results of the investigation and should be able to write well; a writing sample may be requested
  • The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to address project research questions, through a synthesis of data from the field, laboratory analysis of artifacts, and incorporation of relevant published research
  • They must possess a valid driver’s license, be able to operate a four wheel-drive vehicle, and pass a background check
  • Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange

TO APPLY: Click here to apply on our website

Company Overview

Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion.  We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.  www.woodplc.com

Diversity Statement

We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.

Kelly Crook

Recruiting Administrator
Direct: +1 864 448 8391

www.woodplc.com

This message is the property of John Wood Group PLC and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates and is intended only for the named recipient(s). Its contents (including any attachments) may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure by law. Unauthorized use, copying, distribution or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited. We assume no responsibility to persons other than the intended named recipient(s) and do not accept liability for any errors or omissions which are a result of email transmission. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email to the sender and confirm that the original message and any attachments and copies have been destroyed and deleted from your system.

If you do not wish to receive future unsolicited commercial electronic messages from us, please forward this email to: unsubscribe@... and include “Unsubscribe” in the subject line. If applicable, you will continue to receive invoices, project communications and similar factual, non-commercial electronic communications.

Please click http://www.woodplc.com/email-disclaimer for notices and company information in relation to emails originating in the UK, Italy or France.

As a recipient of an email from a John Wood Group Plc company, your contact information will be on our systems and we may hold other personal data about you such as identification information, CVs, financial information and information contained in correspondence. For more information on our privacy practices and your data protection rights, please see our privacy notice at https://www.woodplc.com/policies/privacy-notice