Cultural Resource Associates (Field Technicians) based out of the Moon Township Office in Pittsburgh, PA - Michael Baker International

rjoe_brandon

Michael Baker International is seeking to hire Cultural Resource Associates (Field Technicians) based out of the Moon Township Office in Pittsburgh, PA for upcoming Phase I archaeological field survey in Prince George’s County, Maryland for tentative project start date within 2 weeks after January 27, 2020.

Local candidates preferred. No lodging or per diem will be provided. Hourly rate $16.00-18.00 per hour.

This is a temporary position.

Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?

Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private, and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.

Why do we do what we do; why is it important?

For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.

So what does a Cultural Resources Associate at Michael Baker International do?

Cultural Resources Associates are responsible for conducting archaeological field investigations; traveling to project locations in multiple states; conducting reconnaissance surveys and shovel testing; identifying and delineating archaeological sites; performing deep soil excavations in conjunction with geomorphological evaluations; assisting in the collection of field data and archival background contextual information; identifying prehistoric and historic artifacts; and conducting detailed excavations of archaeological features.

Could you be the Cultural Resources Associate we are looking for?

• Candidates for the position of Cultural Resources Associate should possess a degree (B.A. minimally or demonstration of curriculum leading to degree) in Anthropology (Archaeology), Cultural Resource Management, History, Geology, Soil Science or related field.
• Demonstration of experience in performing the tasks detailed above is preferred.
• The successful candidate must be a licensed driver and pass background check.

Please apply at www.mbakerintl.com, job number 200108.