Field Director Position - New South Associates

Natalie Adams Pope

New South Associates, Inc. is seeking to fill a position for an Archaeologist/Field Director. The position will be stationed in its Stone Mountain, Georgia office although assignment to branch offices in Nashville, TN; Greensboro, NC; and Columbia, SC will be considered.

New South Associates is a women-owned small business providing cultural resource management services.   Our firm is nationally recognized for its ability to integrate studies of sites and structures of the past with planning and construction for the future. We value our employees and offer competitive salaries, along with paid holidays and vacation time. In addition, if company-wide goals are met, we offer year end bonuses. New South has a 401k program that employees can contribute to after a year of employment with a 10% employer match. Also, staff can be covered under our health insurance, which is fully paid for by New South. We encourage and support participation in conferences, as well as publishing, volunteer work and involvement in professional councils and avocational organizations.

The selected individual must be capable of directing all levels of (Phase I, Phase II, and potentially Phase III) fieldwork, must work well with others, and must be able to write technical reports. The selected individual should be able to work on assignments at various locations in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and other locales. Qualifications include, at a minimum, a Masters degree in anthropology or closely related field, with ample experience to demonstrate abilities listed above.  Highly desirable qualities would include leadership ability, ability to work well in a team setting, good communication skills, good writing skills, and ability to track schedules and budgets, and meet deadlines. Knowledge and capabilities with CRM technology is also desirable. Project assignments will involve directing field projects, coordinating laboratory analyses, and preparing project reports under the director of a Principal Investigator.  Compensation will be commensurate with experience, particularly in a Cultural Resource Management setting.

New South Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Please send a resume, list of at least three references, and a writing sample to resumes@....