Field archaeologists, throughout New England - Heritage Consultants
Heritage Consultants, a Connecticut-based cultural resource management company, is seeking field archaeologists for upcoming work throughout New England. Fieldwork will include Phase I cultural resources survey, Phase II testing projects, and Phase III data recovery projects, as well as potentially laboratory duties and report assistance.
* Bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field;
* Completed an accredited archaeological field school;
* At least 6 months of archaeological field experience with a professional cultural resources firm;
* Experience performing archaeological survey and excavation;
* Ability to work in diverse terrain that will involves hiking to and from project areas;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Ability to work well with others and be a proactive part of a project team;
* Detailed note taking skills;
* A valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation;
* Ability to operate GPS units and navigate using USGS maps/aerial photography preferred.
Please send a cover letter (in PDF or WORD format) that presents your field experience, including any in New England, a copy of your resume/CV, contact information for at least of two references, and a date of availability to dgeorge@.... Starting pay is $15/hour but may be adjusted to be commensurate with education and experience. Per diem is a minimum of $30/day for a single occupancy room, but may be adjusted upward depending upon the project and client.
Heritage Consultants is an equal opportunity employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.