Tetra Tech - Archeologist/Cultural Resources Field Director – Golden, CO

rjoe_brandon

Archeologist/Cultural Resources Field Director – Golden, CO

Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.

We are currently seeking Archeologist/Cultural Resources Field Director.

Responsibilities:

• The candidate must be able to carry out the duties of a mid/senior archaeologist supporting the Principal Investigator during cultural resource undertakings
• Potential field work includes pedestrian survey, STP survey, monitoring, evaluative testing, and site mitigation
• Field work tasks can include leading a field crew, meeting with agency representatives in the field, and working with other environmental groups within Tetra Tech
• For field work, the candidate must be able to walk up to 10-12 miles per day carrying up to 25 lbs. of personal and project equipment
• Field work is estimated to be at least 50 percent of the expected duties
• Office work will include pre-field preparations, technical report writing, field site form completion, and developing proposals and cost estimates as directed by the Principal Investigator
• Frequent coordination with agencies and project stakeholders is also expected for this position

Requirements:

• Master’s degree in Anthropology/Archaeology with a concentration in North American Archaeology.
• The candidate must have at least 3 to 5 years of cultural resource management experience in the Intermountain West, Great Basin, Southwest, Midwest, or Pacific Northwest of the United States
• The candidate must qualify as at least a field supervisor for inclusion on State, Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service cultural resource permits on one or more of the permitted states in which the Golden office operates: Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, North Dakota
• GIS skills are a plus
• Exhibit solid, practical skills in Microsoft Office applications (spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word
• The ability to handle multiple tasks, coordinate effectively with others, and work independently within a team are important characteristics for this position
• Must be able to research and interpret federal, state and local regulations on a project-specific basis to assess project permitting feasibility and requirements, and interface with regulatory agencies
• Must be able to coordinate and lead the preparation of proposals, as well as write an acceptable cultural resource report
• Technical inquisitiveness, a positive attitude, and an ability to work well in teams are essential
• Open communicator who is not afraid to discuss the project with clients, staff, or land owners
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to utilize critical thinking, a flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills
• Salary is dependent on experience

About Tetra Tech:

Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.

At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits

For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.

Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.

EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies