Tetra Tech - Archaeology Technicians - Parsippany, Nj

rjoe_brandon

Archaeology Technicians – Parsippany, NJ

Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.

We are currently seeking applications for Archaeological Technician positions for work in New York State and other locations. The archaeological technician positions require candidates who ideally have at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience conducting archaeological surveys that include systematic shovel testing and pedestrian survey to identify cultural artifacts.

The ideal candidate should be familiar with standard archaeological survey techniques, ability to record information on digital media such as an iPAD, and some experience using GPS and GIS programs on digital media

Responsibilities:

• Conduct archaeological field reconnaissance, excavate shovel tests, conduct pedestrian survey, excavate test units, identify cultural artifacts and features, systematically record field information
• Work with and regularly communicate with colleagues and to take direction from a supervisor, and project managers
• Write clearly and use a computer such as a field iPad for capturing field notes and communicating with co-workers and supervisors
• Use a computer to track time spent on projects and for reporting expenses for reimbursement
• Fieldwork may not be local to the home office or the technician’s residence

Requirements:

• BA degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field
• 1 – 2 years of experience as a professional archaeological technician working in New York or other northeastern or Middle Atlantic area
• Survey work requires skills in identifying cultural artifacts relating to a broad spectrum of cultural time periods
• Shovel testing, pedestrian survey, and recording of field observations on digital media are important skills
• Experience in performing work compliant with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Candidate must be hard-working, good-natured, capable of working with others, capable of communicating with co-workers clearly, capable of taking direction from project managers and supervisors
• Candidate must be in good physical condition, able to carry up to 35 lbs. while walking and possibly hiking and able to bend, lift relatively heavy loads, and tolerate some weather extremes (heat and cold)

Other Desirable Knowledge and Experience:

• Experience with GPS and GIS
• Up-to-date Red Cross First-Aid and CPR training
• Interested candidates must provide at least three professional references with current email addresses and telephone numbers for each reference

About Tetra Tech:

Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.

At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits

For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com, follow us on Twitter (@TetraTech or like us on Facebook. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.

We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.

Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.

EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies