Quality Services, Inc., Rapid City, South Dakota is hiring field archeologists. Positions will last two to three months with the potential to convert to full time staff employees. Field work schedules are generally 10 hours per day for up to 8 or 10 work days followed by two to six days off. Overtime work may be required. Lodging and per diem is provided for overnight work trips. Pay rates vary depending on the position, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Projects will primarily involve surveys and site evaluations and in southwestern North Dakota, Minnesota and other states.
Applicants must demonstrate appropriate professional and personal skills particular to the positions (excavation, inventory, etc.), profession, region and industries served. Employees are required to provide their own Personal Protection Equipment (boots, hard hats, safety vests, gloves, hearing protection). Candidates should be able to walk 10 miles per day carrying field equipment. Inclement weather may occur year round.
Skills highly desirable in potential employees include:
- common sense and the ability to think for oneself, assess a situation and draw reasonable conclusions based on studying the facts;
- good interpersonal and communication skills which will allow one to deal effectively with the public, private landowners, clients, regulatory personnel, supervisors and co-workers;
- the ability to follow and give written and verbal instructions;
- knowledge and implementation of appropriate safety practices;
- excellent technical and grammatical writing skills; and
- familiarity with MS Office, Photoshop Elements, ArcGIS, and topographic map software,
Applicants should submit the following via email to employment@...
- Vita showing work experiences with starting and end dates for each position.
- Site forms or other forms, reports and/or other writing examples.
- Cover letter with the following information:
- Experience with Trimble GPS systems and related software.
- Driver's license number and state of issue (valid license is generally required).
- References with phone numbers and email addresses.
- Summary of applicant’s knowledge, skills and experiences that will lead to successful accomplishment of assigned tasks.
- Authorization to conduct credit, criminal and other background searches.
- Any additional documentation to show reviewers you possess the skills outlined above.