Immediate Need - Field Director for Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III investigations in Louisiana

Kristi Jackson

TerraXplorations, Inc is seeking qualified candidates for two field director vacancies for an upcoming Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III cultural resources projects in Louisiana.  Candidates will be considered for a full time archaeologist position in Louisiana.  Currently, TerraX has three mitigations, multiple Phase IIs, and numerous Phase I surveys scheduled. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.  Single occupancy rooms with shared living space will be provided throughout the project. Work days will be Monday through Friday, eight hours per day.

Field Directors responsibility include, but are not limited to, directing archaeological crews during Phase I, Phase II, or Phase III investigations.  Field Directors are responsible for ensuring the field work meets all project deadlines and guarantees the quality of all the field investigations.

Major responsibilities of the job include:

  • planning surveys and excavations
  • conducting fieldwork and directly overseeing the crews efforts
  • examining, documenting and preserving artifacts for transportation to the lab
  • producing, compiling and maintaining written, photographic and drawn records and electronic databases
  • supervising and guiding staff
  • collecting and interpreting data
  • writing locus forms
  • dating and interpreting finds, when possible
  • mathematical, statistical and computational modelling
  • keeping in constant communication with project manager and client, when requested

Qualified applicants will possess: a Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a closely related field is preferred; previous experience on similar projects; at least two years professional experience in Cultural Resource Management and the ability to perform strenuous work summer conditions.

To apply, send a CV/resume along with three professional references hr@... and please put "Louisiana Field Director application" in the subject line.