FEMA Archaeologist New York
Details: Most assignments will require travel and may require temporary deployments for 30 or more days. Applicants must be U.S. citizens, pass a security clearance and undergo a background check. Pay rate is commensurate with experience. Most expenses, i.e., travel, per diem (food and lodging), are covered by the project and reimbursed directly to deployed staff.
· Meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards and Guidelines for Archaeology
· Minimum of 5 years of professional archaeological fieldwork experience
· Can conduct cultural resources investigations and prepare associated documents and technical reports as necessary for cultural resources management
· Excellent communications skills
· Must be able to conduct pedestrian surveys, walking in rough terrains and challenging weather
Ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
· A Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology or related field
· Can disseminate technical information and maintain knowledge of government-wide programs and initiatives associated with implementation of historic preservation laws
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and oversee field personnel
· Experience with all phases or archaeological investigations (survey, testing, monitoring, etc.), field director experience preferred
· Experience with Microsoft office products
· Knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
· Experience completing environmental compliance reviews for state and federal agencies
· Can make recommendations regarding historic preservation and compliance issues
How to Apply:
Submit your CV to work@... with the subject line FEMA Archaeologist Application. Review of resumes will be on-going. Applicants will be contacted if selected for an interview.
PaleoWest is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.