Archaeological Field Technicians
Archaeological Field Technicians - State of Utah
Opening Date: July 16, 2019
PaleoWest is seeking on-call archaeological field technicians for work throughout Utah. Assignments may involve single- to multiple-day travel throughout Utah and potentially to adjacent states. Depending on the applicant’s skills, the position could also involve post-fieldwork reporting assignments.
· Independently conduct Class III pedestrian inventories and shovel and/or auger tests under supervision of a PaleoWest Project Manager or Principal Investigator, and in accordance with PaleoWest, State of Utah, and other applicable agency standards.
· Collect field data and take photographs using an iPad or iPhone and/or digital camera.
· Prepare accurate and thorough field notes about topography, vegetation, soils, tests, methods, and findings.
Minimum Requirements: (Applicants not meeting ALL requirements below will not be considered)
· A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology and/or at least one year of archaeological fieldwork in Utah.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work independently under the remote direction of a Project Manager or Principal Investigator.
· Effective communication skills and proficiency with iPhones and/or iPads and GPS units.
· Proficiency with IMACS site forms and Microsoft Word and Excel.
Commensurate with experience
If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please submit a current CV and brief letter of intent/personal statement to work@..., with “Field Technician-Utah” in the subject line.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation or sex.