Archaeologist - Immediate Hire in the Sacramento Area
Sacramento, CA, USA
Archaeologist – Immediate Hire!!
We have an immediate opportunity for an Archaeologist for the Sacramento area. The candidate should be resourceful, dedicated, and organized, and will work under the supervision of the Field Director or Project Director during survey and/or excavation projects. Familiarity with GPS units, DPR 523 forms, and digital data collection are a plus but not required. This position is for active monitoring of construction activities.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Perform cultural resources monitoring at construction sites to implement mitigation measures to avoid impacts to cultural resources
• Conduct archaeological field surveys
• Record data for scientific and compliance purposes using company forms and established field methodology
• Prepare daily progress/monitoring reports as needed by the project
• Use GPS equipment (Garmin/Trimble) for field data collection
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Conduct field surveys as needed
• Complete other duties as assigned
• Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, historic archaeology, or a related field
•At least one year of full-time professional experience or equivalent specialized training in archaeological research, administration, or management training in archaeological research, administration, or management
•At least four months of supervised field and analytic experience in general North American archaeology
Preferred experience on Sacramento River or tributaries to the Sacramento River
•Demonstrated ability to carry out research to completion
•Demonstrated ability to complete National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) evaluations for cultural resources
•Demonstrated ability to identify and assess subsurface and surface archaeological deposits.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, access to reliable transportation
• Computer literate