PaleoWest Archaeology, a cultural resource-dedicated consulting firm, currently seeks a full-time Archaeological Project Manager/Field Director to work in our Lafayette, Colorado office.
We are seeking applicants who are proficient in proposal writing, project management, fieldwork, and reporting, with extensive project experience throughout Colorado (Front Range, Mountains, and Southwest) the Northern Plains, and the Rocky Mountain West. Successful applicants will meet the Secretary of the Interior’s professional qualification standards and will have or be able to obtain current permits with a variety of public land managing agencies (e.g., BLM and USFS).
Duties and responsibilities include drafting project proposals and taking small projects from beginning to end, including managing budgets and schedules and leading fieldwork and reporting. As such, the position requires working in the office and in the field, both alone and with a team, as needed. Also required are excellent writing skills, familiarity with Colorado and other states cultural resources forms, and expertise supervising all aspects of archaeological survey, site recording and evaluations, and testing and data recovery.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to manage schedules and budgets
· Track record of successfully supervising archaeological inventories in remote locations (possibly involving camping)
· Knowledge of federal cultural resources regulations
· Excellent writing skills
· Experience coordinating and communicating with agencies and clients
· 5+ years of archaeological consulting or agency experience
· Excellent writing skills and experience with writing technical reports and Colorado cultural resources forms
· Ability to write proposals and budgets for small to medium-sized cultural resources inventories
PaleoWest offers competitive salary and benefits. If interested, please apply here with a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements: work@...
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation or sex.