Update: EBI Consulting Seeking Archaeologist I - CA - Requirements updated

Emily Cochran

Note from R. Joe (Updated job posting below my missive):

TL;DR - Pay attention to posting requirements, present yourself professionally.

Please be attentive to all of the requirements when considering applying for a position. Employers review every vita they receive and if that includes ones like  “I know I don’t fit any of the criteria stated but it sounds like a cool project” it just makes that much more work for them.  Use your personal network of peers to make contact with companies in other areas you would like to work in. Or find a good point of contact at a company and write them asking what experience they would want you to have to be considered.

And as as a friendly reminder. When applying for any job include a concise cover letter which can be either the email you are attaching your vita to or an actual cover letter. And in this cover letter use proper grammar, complete sentences and no emojis. Occasionally list members will send an application to me by mistake because they didn’t read the entire job posting to see it was not from me (which is kind of a vetting process in itself 😂) and I have been shocked at, how do I say this delicately, crappy done of them have presented themselves. We are all professionals, and it is your obligation to always present yourself in a professional manner. Especially when it is a first impression opportunity.

Onto the posting.

Best,

R. Joe

Due to an influx of applicants, the requirements for the Archaeologist I position at EBI Consulting have changed. Below is the updated job description. Please apply through our website or send your resume to ecochran@....

EBI is seeking a full-time Archaeologist I responsible for completing file reviews/background research, conducting field surveys and fieldwork, authoring reports, and completing Federal Communications Commission Forms 620 and 621, as needed. The successful candidate will have demonstrated capability to write technical reports under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator. The Archaeologist will work remotely from a home-office; however, routine short-term travel will be required for fieldwork.

Job Requirements:

  • Completing Class I Surveys—background research for proposed projects including: map, aerial, and literature reviews and reviewing SHPO databases for known archaeological sites and surveys
  • Conducting Class III Surveys/Phase 1A & Phase 1B surveys—visiting the proposed Project Site and conducting a pedestrian survey and/or systematic subsurface testing
  • Recording archaeological sites, and completing relevant site forms and determinations of eligibility
  • Archaeological Monitoring of construction
  • Authoring technical reports, including Class III reports and desk based analyses

Education and Experience:

  • Master’s Degree in Anthropology or Archaeology required
  • Secretary of the Interior Professional Standards Qualifications required
  • Less than two years’ full-time experience in research, writing, teaching, interpretation, or other demonstrable professional activity with an academic institution, historic organization or agency, museum, or other professional institution

Emily Cochran
Talent Acquisition Associate

P: 781.425.5129
21 B Street | Burlington, MA | 01803
ecochran@...
Visit our website: www.ebiconsulting.com

EBI Logo

[...]

Disclaimer

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more Click Here.