Archaeological Field Director/Supervisor
Reports to: Principal Investigator/Cultural Resources Department
The Markosky Engineering Group, Inc. is accepting resumes for a temporary, as-needed Archaeological Field Director/Supervisor to conduct upcoming archaeological projects in western Pennsylvania and northern West Virginia.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology/Anthropology. They will need to show an archaeological field school was part of their training to be able to conduct Phase I, II, or III surveys that include the preparation of detailed notes, forms, logs, mapping, and photographs. They need to have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to work on a team both independently and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator. Must have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor with the ability to work with and oversee various staff member personalities and backgrounds.
- Should have the physical ability to work entirely in the field, including walking long distances in various weather conditions through rugged terrain, bend over and squat to inspect the ground surface or excavation holes, to sit or stand for extended periods of time, and lift and carry up to 50 pounds;
- Should be experienced with the use of GPS units, and survey equipment. Should have sufficient knowledge of equipment and archaeological methods to clearly and effectively explain use to more junior members of field team;
- Responsible for the quality assurance and control of all required forms of paperwork and documentation;
- Responsible for facilitating tailgate safety discussions and records, as well as maintaining and providing planning information for emergency medical evacuations;
- Should be able to communicate effectively with members of the crew, Principal Investigator, and when needed, members of the public;
- Possess interpersonal skills required to lead crews, manage risk, and maintain crew productivity;
- Preferably has varied experience among different industries;
- Must also possess a current valid drivers license, and be able to pass a drug screening test.
To apply please email your resume to brooke@...
Brooke L. Contacos, PHR
Ph: (814) 266-3818