Paleontological Construction Compliance Monitors

PaleoWest Archaeology

Job Description

Opening Date: May 2, 2019

Closing Date: Open

Location: San Diego area

PaleoWest is now accepting applications for Paleontological Construction Compliance Monitors for projects in the San Diego areas. PaleoWest is a nationwide consulting firm with nine regional offices from California to New York. PaleoWest was founded on the principle of providing the very best consultants to our clients. We pride ourselves on being the most innovative team of problem-solvers in the business.

Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position:

A Bachelor’s degree in Paleontology or Paleobiology or another applicable field;

At least six months prior paleontological monitoring and field experience in California;

Work experience should include paleontological monitoring of construction activities, fossil collection and salvage, preparation of daily and/or weekly monitoring summaries, and coordination with a Senior Paleontologist;

Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time;

A valid driver's license and a good driving record

Successful candidates should be highly dependable, motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized. All candidates will work under the supervision of a PaleoWest Senior Paleontologist.

Please submit a current CV and brief letter of intent/personal statement to work@....  PaleoWest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment in a non-discriminatory manner. We look forward to hearing from you!