POWER Engineers, Inc. - Archaeological Field Techs/Crew Chiefs - Austin, Houston, Fort Worth, TX

Janet Littley

Archaeological Field Technicians and Crew Chiefs

POWER Engineers, Inc., one of the nation’s strongest energy-related engineering and environmental consultants, is seeking Junior Archaeological Field Technicians and Senior Techs/Crew Chiefs for fieldwork, for multiple archeological field projects in Texas. These are hourly positions on project basis, however future work is eminent. Pay will be determined by education and experience. The successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to perform Phase I archeological survey work in Texas or surrounding states. Projects may involve extended periods of field supervision. Additional work/tasks may arise providing additional work opportunities.

Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities

The Field Technician provides technical support, utilizing a basic understanding of anthropological and archaeological field techniques in connection with locating, testing, recording, mapping, and evaluating archaeological sites and supporting field surveys. Conducting field surveys (pedestrian and shovel test surveys) using topographic maps, aerial photographs, and Trimble Global Positioning Satellite receivers will be a regular part of this role.

This position requires the ability to work long hours, in difficult or remote environments, and in varying weather conditions and the ability to work with groups composed of diverse personalities. A positive attitude and ability to accept direction is a must, as well as the ability to work independently, and to fully plan and execute personal assignments with minimal instruction.

Required Education/Experience

·         Bachelor’s degree in Archeology, Anthropology, or a related discipline

·         Previous CRM field experience or academic archaeological field school

·         Knowledge and understanding of equipment, technology, and paperwork used in the recording and documenting of archeological sites and artifacts

·         Experience with local cultural history and material culture in Texas and surrounding states

·         Ability to work independently, and to fully plan and execute personal assignments with minimal instruction

·         Knowledge of health and safety standards

·         Valid driver’s license

·         Ability to work long hours and in harsh environments and in varying weather conditions

·         Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with team members

Desired Education/Experience

·         Experience in pipeline, utility transmission, petrochemical exploration projects highly preferred

·         Experience with Trimble data collection proficiency is preferred

Your resume must provide detailed work experience during the last five years, three current references, and complete contact information. Candidates may expect to be subject to client or project specific formal background checks or drug test regimens.

At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.

Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.

EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled

To apply, please use the following links:

Fort Worth:

https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=4545

Houston:

https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=4544

Austin:

https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=4543

Janet Littley, MS HRM

Technical Recruiter

2041 S. Cobalt Point Way

Meridian, ID 83642

(Direct) 208-288-6931

(Fax) 208-288-6393

POWER Engineers, Inc.
www.powereng.com

Discover your future here.

P Go Green! Please print this email only when necessary.

Thank you for helping POWER Engineers be environmentally responsible.