Associate Archeologist (Archeology Field Supervisor) - Thunderbird Archeology - DC Metro Area
Thunderbird Archeology, a division of Wetlands Studies and Solutions, Inc., a Davey Company, is currently accepting applications for an Associate Archeologist/Archeology Field Supervisor for immediate full-time employment. The position will be based in our Gainesville, Virginia office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management of archeological fieldwork including Phase I, II, and III excavations, archeological cemetery delineations, and archeological recovery of human remains;
• Preparation of complete plans and reports;
• Conducting archeological research;
• Assisting with proposals and interacting with clients, officials and contractors.
Minimum qualifications include:
• An advanced degree in Archeology, or a closely related field and at least three (3) years of experience in the management of archeological field projects;
• Willingness to travel (per diem and lodging will be provided on projects more than approximately 90 miles from the office);
• Physical ability to perform rigorous fieldwork in all settings and weather conditions;
• Possession of a valid driver’s license; and
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Over five (5) years of experience in professional archeological research in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeastern, or Mid-West regions;
• Experience in managing archeological projects in urban environments.
Please submit a cover letter with availability, curriculum vitae/resume, salary requirements, and a minimum of three professional and academic references to Boyd Sipe, M.A., RPA, Manager - Archeology by email; bsipe@...
We ensure nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need additional information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, please contact our Human Resources Department at 703.679.5600 (TTY/TDD users, call 711). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.