Position Opening: Archaeological Field Technician

Nurit Finn

Position Opening:  Archaeological Field Technician

Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. is accepting applications for an experienced archaeological field technician for spring and summer Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III projects.  Competitive wages, friendly work environment.

If you have versatile skills and an interest in GIS, computer drafting, lab work, or prehistoric and historic artifact analysis, we may be able to extend employment.

Candidates with a B.A. in Anthropology and solid field experience preferred.  We are looking for a self-motivated crew member who loves being in the field, doesn’t mind overnight travel across the state and into adjacent states, and enjoys Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III fieldwork.  This position may involve heavy fieldwork in all sorts of weather conditions.

We are an Equal  Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc. does not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, age, creed, physical or mental disability, color, sex, actual or perceived gender orientation/identity, ethnicity, national origin, familial status, or protected veteran status in its employment practices, in the selection and retention of subconsultants, and in its procurement of materials and leases.  All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without race, religion, age, creed, physical or mental disability, color, sex, actual or perceived gender orientation/identity, ethnicity, national origin, familial status, or protected veteran status, or otherwise as required by law.  Please tell us if you are a Section 3 Resident under the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1968.

Please send a resume and list of three references to:

Nurit Finn, President
Email: ngfinn@...
Wapsi Valley Archaeology, Inc.
126 East Main Street
Anamosa, IA
Telephone: (319) 462-4760

Who We Are

Wapsi Valley Archaeology,ogical and ar   We offer opportunities to delve into a range of interesting projects, from Phase I surveys, to Phase II evaluation projects, to Phase III data recovery projects.  We also provide public outreach and educational services including book creation, GIS products, exhibit design, educational signage and kiosk design, and National Register nominations.  Our office is located in historic Anamosa, Iowa, a community near Cedar Rapids.