Wisconsin: Potawatomi Assistant Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
Direct hire, Great benefits, Premium free health care, 401K Match, 5 weeks of PTRO to start, 4 day work week.
||Assistant Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
||Tribal Historic Preservation Officer
|Provides support and assistance to the Tribal Historic Preservation Officer (THPO) with various aspects of cultural resource preservation program operations, initiatives and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares formal letters and/or reports, organizes data, completes forms and record searches for THPO review
- Participates in cultural resources fieldwork and monitoring, assisting with project evaluation, coordination, and recording site record information
- Reviews materials submitted for THPO attention, ensuring that all relevant data, files, signatures checks and documentation are included
- Performs administrative duties including data entry, faxing, scanning, copying and filing.
- Assists THPO in grant writing and fund raising
- Conducts independent reviews of federally funded or permitted projects under Section 106 as directed. Coordinates legal reviews and consultations as necessary
- Serves as the program supervisor in the absence of the THPO
- Assist THPO in creation of educational materials for community outreach
- Coordinate and organize Historic and Cultural Preservation Review Board meetings
Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- High School Diploma and one year related experience and/or training in historic preservation field
- Experience and knowledge in Potawatomi historical and cultural practices
- Must possess Cultural Resources Management/Archeological Paraprofessional Certification, or complete within 1 year of hire
- Must successfully complete Section 106 Basic Compliance training within 1 year of hire
- Must successfully complete NAGPRA/ARPA training within first or second year of hire, as available
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience and knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) preferred
- Ability to travel for meetings and conferences
|Lift / Carry 50#
|Lift / Carry 25#
||Operate Heavy Equipment
Apply for Job
Forest County Potawatomi Human Resources Department
PO Box 340
Crandon, WI 54520
Join ShovelBums@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.