GIS Analyst - Tempe
GIS ANALYST – Tempe
Logan Simpson, an environmental planning, cultural resources, and landscape architectural design firm, is looking for a GIS Analyst to work in our Tempe, Arizona office – supporting the statewide Cultural Resources Group.
The ideal candidate will have proven technical experience in communicating archaeological spatial data using ArcGIS and preparing and reviewing complex GIS products. Additionally they will have extensive use and knowledge of mapping standards and practices, and a strong data analysis background with both vector and raster data types are essential. Some fieldwork away from the office may be required.
· Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Geographical Information Systems, Anthropology, or a graduate GIS certificate.
· 2 years minimum relevant experience.
· Demonstrated Microsoft Access/FileMaker Pro experience.
· Familiarity with ArcGIS Desktop Suite.
· Experience with Trimble TerraSync, Pathfinder Office, Positions Desktop, and/or other GPS software, and equipment.
· Excellent written/verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail and quality control is a must!
· Experience with archaeology and/or cultural resources management.
· Experience with archaeological spatial data collection and production of archaeological maps and graphics.
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator, AutoCAD, all ESRI ArcGIS products, including Collector for ArcGIS.
· Experience with set-up and operation of Total Station.
· Familiarity with Python scripting or ModelBuilder.
· Masters in GIS, Geography or Anthropology with relevant GIS coursework preferred.
Logan Simpson offers a comprehensive benefit package and a competitive salary. If interested, please apply online at http://logansimpson.com/about/careers/ and attach a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements.
Logan Simpson is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer