San Luis Obispo, CA Field Technician Positions Available Immediately
Field technicians are responsible for carrying out pre-development field surveys and monitoring in support of a wide variety of construction projects. Duties may also include site testing and evaluation, and data recovery.
Local candidates preferred. Pay will be commensurate with experience. When applicable, per diem and lodging will be provided.
· At least 1 year of experience with archaeological survey, construction monitoring, or excavation.
· Prior experience in California and completion of an archaeology field school.
· Knowledge of and basic operation of GPS technology.
· Valid driver’s license, with the willingness to drive in “off-road” conditions.
· Applicants must be physically fit & able to handle strenuous field conditions in sometimes adverse weather. Fieldwork may entail hiking on rugged terrain and steep slopes or require standing or walking for long periods of time throughout the day.
· Local candidates strongly preferred. HAZWOPER certification highly desired.
· Pre-employment drug screening may apply for specific project assignments.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or closely related field. Prior experience in California required.
Please submit a letter of interest, resumé/CV, and a list of three references with contact information to Human Resources at info@.... Please reference “Field Tech - SLO” in the subject line. No phone calls please.