Archaeological Crew Chief (Gila River Indian Community, Arizona)
Kyle Woodson <kwoodsonaz@...>
The Gila River Indian Community Cultural Resource Management Program seeks applicants for Archaeological Crew Chief, see attached job announcement. Application deadline is February 20, 2019.
Job Title: Archaeological Crew Chief
Closing Date: 02/20/2019
DEADLINE: Attach any required documents, i.e., Transcripts, Certificates, diploma and Motor Vehicle Record, to your online application by midnight on the closing date. Late Applications or documents will not be considered.
Job Number: 19-188
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
City: Sacaton, AZ
Locations: 192 S. Skill Center Road, Ste: 300
Area of Interest: Cultural Resources
Salary Type: DOE
Salary/ Hourly Rate: $47,252 Salary
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
The Archaeological Crew Chief functions as a Project Lead for archaeological field research projects conducted by the Cultural Resources Management Program for the Gila River Indian Community. This position supervises aspects of the archaeological survey and excavation projects under the direction of the Archaeological Field Supervisor.
• Assist in supervising archaeological fieldwork including surveys, mapping and excavation of prehistoric and historic sites.
• Supervise the completion of field paperwork including site forms and excavation summaries.
• Assist in preparing work schedules and project reports.
• Assist in supervising and providing training in basic archaeological field techniques for field staff.
• Assist in maintaining a complete inventory of archaeological field equipment.
• Attend trainings and/or meetings; represent the Cultural Resource Management Program as requested by supervisors.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• Knowledge of HuHuKam and/or Southwest Archaeology.
• Knowledge of prehistoric and historic artifacts.
• Ability to carry out archaeological survey and excavation methods occasionally carrying field instruments and equipment. [Field conditions may consist of extreme temperatures, rugged desert, and mountainous terrain with dangerous plants and wildlife.]
• Ability to complete relevant field forms, track specimen numbers/forms/artifact bags, undertake trench profiling and feature excavations and documentation.
• Ability to effectively plan, supervise and coordinate work of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, Community Officials and the general public.
• Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position; agree to maintain a Drug-free workplace.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in Anthropology, Archaeology, Southwestern Archaeology or a closely related field, and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in archaeology survey and excavation activities and which includes one (1) year supervisory experience supervising field crews.
Required to obtain a Tribal Driving permit. Valid state driver’s license with a current proof of driving record for the past 39 months will be required to qualify for a tribal driving permit. Proof of driving record must be submitted with application and must not be more than 60 days old from the date of submission of the application.
Supervisory, Salaried Position
Reports to Director or designee
Other Voluntary Benefits –
Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified Indian candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473). The Gila River Indian Community is also committed to achieving the full and equal opportunity without discrimination because of Race, Religion, Color, Sex, National Origin, Politics, Marital Status, Physical Handicap, Age or Sexual Orientation. In other than the above, the Gila River Indian Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are claiming Preference in one or more of the following categories please attach a copy of the required documentation to the completed Employment Application.
HUMAN RESOURCES WILL NOT MAKE COPIES OF APPLICATIONS OR DOCUMENTS BEING SUBMITTED.
Visit our GRIC website and apply online: www.gilariver.org