Partner Engineering & Science, Inc. is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Archaeologist in our Plano or Dallas, TX offices to assist with various types of cultural resource projects. As a Senior Archaeologist, you will lead and participate in research, fieldwork, analysis, and preparation of technical reports and environmental documents. Duties will include conducting and/or directing background research, survey, testing, evaluation, data recovery, construction monitoring, laboratory work, report preparation as well as other tasks.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Manage field investigations, field surveys and project studies for the presence of cultural resources. This includes conducting archaeological test pits/excavations, artifact identification, and other various project related activities.
- Create pre-field work research, as well composing a complete and well written report of the survey and findings, according to state standards for Section 106
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Master’s degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field (must meet the Secretary of the Interior qualifications for archaeology)
- At least 2 years of experience in CRM work (i.e. “crew chief” or higher) but will consider others SOI qualified
- Experience with Section 106 and NEPA compliance documentation and procedures
- Experience identifying and recording prehistoric resources in Texas, (site documentation, including feature/artifact identification and analyses; performing shovel test pits (STPs); site descriptions; photographs; and mapping).
- Must be able to travel and perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
- Must have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to read, write, speak & comprehend English
- Must be able to communicate clearly in person and over the telephone
- Visual acuity adequate to perform job duties, including reading information from printed sources and computer screen
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, standing, walking, sitting, pushing and pulling exerted regularly throughout the work shift
- Requires the ability to climb a ladder