Job Title: Archaeologist/Field Director
Location: Irvine, CA
DUKE CRM is seeking an experienced and qualified archaeologist to manage our field operations. This is a full-time, hourly position. The position has professional responsibilities in both office and field work settings. The field operation responsibilities are associated with monitoring, field survey, and excavations. Additional office and general cultural resource management responsibilities include conducting research, record searches, artifact/laboratory analysis, report writing, preparing site records (DPR 523 Series), and various tasks associated with cultural resources management. The successful candidate will typically work 40 hours per week, depending on workload. Overtime is possible and at times, mandatory. The ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours and extended periods, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes is a must. The candidate must be able to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. The candidate must be safety minded.
Preferred Professional Skills/Experience
• MA or PhD degree in Archaeology or related field.
• Registered Professional Archaeologist certification.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in cultural resources management.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in directing archaeological field activities.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in California archaeology.
• Familiarity in paleontological monitoring and/or salvage excavation.
• Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following: Historical Archaeology, Faunal Analysis, or Geoarchaeology.
• Working knowledge of in-field GIS data collection software (Mobile Mapper, ArcPad and/or TerraSync)
• Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
• Strong technical writing/editing skills.
• Personnel management skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook).
• Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat Professional, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Actively engaged in archaeological research.
• 40-hour HAZWOPER Certified.
• Extensive safety training.
• Good problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• A focus toward fulfilling client objectives.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams and independently.
• A desire to excel and passion for working on complex and challenging projects.
About DUKE CRM
DUKE CRM is a growing CRM firm based in Irvine, with a second office in the Inland Empire. We offer a relaxed, flexible, yet professional work environment. We encourage our employees to excel and advance in all aspects. DUKE CRM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive pay and benefits to match. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Vision, paid-time-off (sick, vacation, and holiday), life insurance, performance bonuses, and publication bonuses.
To Apply: Email a cover letter highlighting your qualifications, a CV, and references to Curt Duke at curt@....