Archaeological/Cultural Resources Crew Leader - Salt Lake City, Utah
SWCA Environmental Consultants' Salt Lake City-based cultural resources program is expanding their archaeology field leadership team and looking for dynamic individuals to assist in delivering the highest-quality data to support multiple projects this field season.
Your role will be to lead archaeological survey crews as part of a larger field execution team on project work. You should be able to work full-time while
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology, Archaeology or a closely related field required
• A minimum of two (2) years of experience with a wide range of field methodologies, especially archaeological survey and excavation, is required
• Previous field supervisory experience required
• Previous experience recording archaeological sites on the Utah Archaeological Site Form or IMACS is required
• Experience in the Great Basin and Colorado Plateau sufficient to be listed on federal and state cultural resource permits in Utah is required; adequate experience to be listed on permits in Nevada is preferred
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required; a pace of 8 to 10 miles per day is expected
• Knowledge of professional-grade GPS is required; experience with tablet-based data applications is a plus
• Strong outdoor skills including wayfinding, camping, first aid, basic survival training, etc are preferred
• Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
A letter of introduction with your resume or CV that explains if and to what extent you meet the experience and qualification parameters outlined above is recommended.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/2rxbhr694vj6qv63