Archaeological Field Technician - SWCA - San Antonio, Texas
SWCA Environmental Consultants is looking for multiple Archaeological Field Technicians to join our Texas / Gulf Coast Region (Arlington, Austin, Baton Rouge, Houston, San Antonio). The Texas Gulf Coast offices offer an exciting work environment with field projects all over the State of Texas and the surrounding region.
Your role will be to assist with field work on a variety of renewable energy, oil and gas, energy transmission, transportation, and land development projects. You should be able to work outside and travel. Compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
• Conduct archaeological field work including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery.
• Identify historic and prehistoric artifacts accurately.
• Complete sketch maps of archaeological sites / historic resources.
• Complete field forms efficiently and correctly.
• Photograph cultural resources.
• Use sub-meter GPS devices and tablets.
• A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field
• Have completed an accredited field school
• Six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring is preferred
• Ability to work well in a team-based environment
• Able to maintain a positive attitude while working in adverse conditions
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and the ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
• Willing to travel overnight for an extended period of time
• Knowledge of TerraSync or ArcGIS Collector is a plus
• Current valid driver's license
• The ability to safely operate a four-wheel-drive vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads is a plus
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.