Archaeological Field Technician - SWCA - Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their cultural resource team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work. Our Pittsburgh office offers a unique work environment and specializes in complex cultural resource management projects.
• Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, Phase I Survey, Phase II testing, and Phase II data recovery.
• Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data using Trimble units.
• Due to the logistics of the project, preferred candidates will be within 10 miles of SWCA's Pittsburgh Office.
• A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required.
• An accredited Field School Certification is preferred.
• Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring required.
• Prefferred candidates will have experince working in eastern Ohio, western Pennsylvania, northern West Virginia, and southern New York.
• Knowledge of ArcPad or TerraSync is a plus.
• Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required.
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required.
• Have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@...or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.