Cultural Resources Principal Investigator - SWCA - Salt Lake City, Utah
Do you thrive in providing excellent scientific expertise and consulting services to your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants' Salt Lake City-based cultural resources program is expanding our team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Your role will be to lead the technical component of archaeological projects to ensure scientific rigor and regulatory sufficiency as part of a larger project management team, or in managing your own projects, as assigned. You will also be expected to play a leadership role in the program including mentoring junior staff, encouraging teamwork and cooperation, and driving overall scientific and business excellence.
• Minimum of a Master's degree in Archaeology or Anthropology required; PhD preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and fieldwork experience required
• Must demonstrate completion, at a PI level, of a minimum of three or more substantial projects involving primarily archaeological investigations and preparation of final reports consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archeology and Historic Preservation. Projects shall have been performed under the jurisdiction of the National Historic Preservation Act. Previous experience at the PI-level on at least one, substantial linear survey is preferred. "Substantial" projects include:
o Intensive-level survey of at least 1,000 acres resulting in recording and eligibility and management recommendations for up to 10 sites, and/or;
o Archaeological data recovery or other sufficiently complex field effort to minimize or mitigate adverse effects to archaeological resources
• Emphasis in Great Basin or Colorado Plateau archaeology required; a current technical specialization (i.e. lithic analysis, historical archaeology, GIS, architectural history, etc.) is preferred
• Experience with NEPA and NHPA Section 106 required; experience with Utah State Code 9-8-404 preferred
• Listing as a Registered Professional Archaeologist or ability ot be listed is required
• Past peer-reviewed publication record and conference presentation experience preferred
• Must be able to obtain or have already obtained a PI permit in Utah and be able to be listed on statewide agency (especially BLM) permits for Utah is required; ability to be listed on various federal and state cultural resource permits in other states, especially Nevada, is preferred
Please submit a letter of introduction with your resume or CV explaining if and to what extent you meet the experience and qualification parameters outlined above.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@... or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.