As Needed Archaeological Field Technician - San Francisco Greater Bay Area
MIG is actively seeking several as-needed Archaeological Field Technicians for upcoming and future projects in the San Francisco Greater Bay Area.
MIG is a multidisciplinary planning, design, and environmental consulting firm with offices across California. Our San Jose office specializes in environmental impact analysis and documentation pursuant to the state’s preeminent environmental review law, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and its federal equivalent, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
Currently we are in the process of expanding our archaeological/historical team and are seeking field archaeologists to provide construction monitoring, prehistoric and historic‐era resources recording, site documentation, and field survey services.
You would be based out of our San Jose office, although work would primarily be field based and would not necessitate regular office visits. We conduct work throughout California, although we anticipate archeological field work would be focused in San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Alameda Counties.
The salary is $20.00 to $30.00/hour
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Conduct field surveys
· Undertake construction monitoring
· Document cultural resources in the field using DPR/IMACS forms, etc.
· Participate in excavation/archaeological data recovery
· Valid driver’s license
· Own transportation
· Associates Degree or higher in archaeology/anthropology or a closely related field
· Minimum 2‐3 years of consistent field experience (including construction monitoring)
· Working knowledge of GPS/GIS applications and software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work long days in challenging conditions (e.g., high heat, inclement weather)
· Ability to safely navigate rugged terrain
· Ability to hike long distances with heavy loads
· B.A/B.S. in archaeology/anthropology or a closely related field
· Meets the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Standards for Archaeology
· Prior experience with Section 106 reports
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Robert Templar, Archaeological Project Manager, at rtemplar@...
Robert Templar, M.A.
Archaeologist | GIS Analyst | CEQA Analyst
2635 North First Street, Ste. 149
San Jose, CA 95134
650-327-0429 ext. 554
PLANNING | DESIGN | COMMUNICATIONS | MANAGEMENT | TECHNOLOGY | SCIENCE