Marine Archaeologist – Parsippany, NJ
Marine Archaeologist – Parsippany, NJ
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—17,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 412 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is currently seeking applications for a Marine Archaeologist position. The marine archaeologist position requires candidates who ideally have at least five (5) years of experience working as a cultural resource principal investigator and/or manager on Projects that involve performance of background research in addition to collection and interpretation of remote sensing data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The marine archaeologist must have the capability and experience to interpret data collected from geophysical surveys using instrumentation such as side scan sonar, magnetometer, and multibeam sonar survey systems to identify potential cultural resources that may be eligible to the National Register of Historic Places
• The marine archaeologist should also be certified to dive and experienced in assessing if potential remote sensing targets may represent cultural resources that meet the criteria to be eligible to the NRHP
• The position requires good writing skills so that reports for a variety of clients and federal or state agencies may be developed based on the background research and on-water tasks performed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION:
• At least five years’ experience as a professional marine archaeologist in the US (Northeast and Middle Atlantic US preferred)
• MA or MS degree in Anthropology (or related field) with an emphasis in underwater archaeology
• Must be a Registered Professional Archaeologist (RPA) or be qualified to become an RPA upon employment
• Experience in performing work compliant with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act
• Experience in performing work to Bureau of Ocean Energy Management's Guidelines for Identification of Historic Properties in Federal Waters
• Candidate must be hard-working, good-natured, capable of working with others, capable of giving clear explanations and direction, capable of taking direction from Project Managers and Supervisors
OTHER DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• It is preferred that candidates have up-to-date Red Cross First-Aid and CPR training
• It is preferred that candidates have current HAZWOPER Training
• Interested candidates must provide at least three professional references with their current email addresses and telephone numbers.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com. Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.
Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.
Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.