On-call Field Archaeologists - Oklahoma

Dean Afendras

Position: On-call Field Archaeologist

Post Date: 1-21-2019

Afendras Archaeology, LLC is seeking 2 qualified candidates for on-call field archaeologists to assist us with upcoming projects.  The positions will entail primarily Phase I survey fieldwork with occasional report production support in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, and Arkansas.

The ideal candidate will be Secretary of the Interior qualified and have a graduate level degree with an emphasis on archaeology (RPA preferred) and at least 3 years’ experience on the southern Plains.  The candidate will be able to conduct and supervise Phase I surveys with projects of various complexities and crews of various sizes.  The fieldwork will be conducted in a variety of environmental settings and weather conditions.  The candidate will also be able to identify, document, and assess for NRHP eligibility both prehistoric and historic (with standing buildings) archaeological sites to regionally accepted and agency standards.

The ideal candidate must be driven and effective as a collaborative team member.  The candidate will work directly with supervisory personnel.

Afendras Archaeology, LLC reimburses mileage and per diem at the federal and/or relevant agency rate based on the needs of the project.

Pay is commensurate with relevant experience.

On-call positions have the potential to become permanent.

For questions, please contact Dean Afendras at dean@... or 405-708-1151.

To be considered, please send an email expressing your interest in the position with your CV to Dean Afendras at dean@....