Paleontological Field Director #askanarchaeologist
Paleontological Field Director
Position: PaleoWest Archaeology is looking to fill a position for Paleontological Field Director for construction projects.
Location: Blythe, Riverside County, California
The ideal candidate has experience in preparing treatment and monitoring plans, reports, fossil salvage and collection, and supervising paleontological resources monitors (PRMs). Additionally, candidates must have the following qualifications:
· A graduate degree in geology, paleontology, biology, or a related field with significant experience in paleontology and sedimentary geology of southern California
· Five years of paleontological field experience, with a minimum of one year of supervisor/field director experience
· Can conduct paleontological resources investigations, prepare associated documents and technical reports as necessary
· Excellent communications skills
· Must be able to walk in rough terrains and challenging weather
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and oversee field personnel
Pay will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience. Successful candidates should be motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized. Duties will include coordinating and reporting to the Paleontological Resources Specialist, supervising PRMs, working in desert conditions managing the monitoring program, training staff in field methods, reporting, and having a working knowledge of paleontological resources management.
Please submit a current CV and brief letter of intent/personal statement to work@..., with “Paleontological Field Director Application, Riverside County” in the subject line. Local candidates only, please.