Technicians Needed for Exciting Projects in Maryland
- All Applicants Must Have A Minimum of 3 Years CRM Experience
- Local Applicants Only (should be within approximately a one-hour
drive from the Washington Metro area or the upper Eastern Shore)
- Must Have Personal Transportation
- Phase I Projects – Washington DC and Surrounding Counties
- Phase III Level Historic Site Excavation – Wye Mills area
Applied Archaeology and History Associates, Inc. (AAHA), a small,
woman-owned cultural resources consulting firm located in Annapolis, Maryland,
has immediate openings for experienced local archaeological field
technicians for current and upcoming projects in Maryland and the DC
metropolitan area as well as Queen Anne’s County, Maryland Eastern Shore.
Work is currently ongoing, and the successful applicant will be able to
- These positions are suitable for local applicants as no per diem or
hotel accommodation available.
- A standard 40-hour work week (Mon – Fri) can be expected.
- Work expected through the end of the year and permanent position
possible for successful applicants who excel on these projects
- Wages commensurate with experience.
- Lab work may be available during inclement weather.
Ideal candidates will:
- Possess a degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related field.
- Be a motivated self-starter
- Have some form of previous supervisory experience (although not
- Be able to work consistently in open spaces under variable weather
conditions, lift five gallon-sized buckets of soil.
- Take appropriate direction from supervisors
- Possess a working knowledge of standard excavation methods,
demonstrate attention to detail and be able to maintain accurate field
- Be able to work successfully independently or as part of a team.
Vitas should contain your name as part of the file name. Please include both an email and phone number
in your response. Vitas by e-mail only
to the attention of Jeanne A. Ward at Jeanneward@....
AAHA is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) – women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.