Cultural Resource Specialist - Full time - AZ
Chino Winds and Triangle NRCD Cultural Resources Specialist
Join a team committed to helping agricultural producers and non-industrial private forest landowners improve the health of the land and ensure the long-term sustainability of healthy working lands. The selected candidate will help cooperators and customers implement projects to restore grasslands, improve the health of the forest and address wildlife habitat fragmentation by ensuring their projects will not damage cultural resources and that the projects are in compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act and other applicable laws.
• Conduct background reviews for Area’s of Potential Effect
• Lead cultural resource field surveys
• Establish boundaries of any archeological sites found during surveys
• Evaluate sites for significance (i.e. National Register of Historic Places)
• Complete Cultural Resource Survey Reports
• Assist with completing inventories that establish whether treatments meat exemption criteria
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in archeology, anthropology or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
The ideal candidate will have any/all of the following: at least 24-36 months of relevant experience in cultural resource management; experience preparing building descriptions, historic contexts, and/or statements of significance; experience completing cultural resource management activities for projects; database and GIS skills.
Conditions of Employment:
• Completion of NRCS National Cultural Resources Training Program within 6 months of selection
• Obtain and/or maintain an Arizona Antiquities Act Permit
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and list of references to:
Dawn.salcito - at - az.usda.gov
8841 E Florentine Rd. Ste. C
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314