Archaeological Field Director - Seattle, Washington, United States, 98119 SWCA
· Job Title: Archaeological Field Director
· Company Name: SWCA Environmental Consultants
· Location: Seattle, Washington, United States, 98119
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for a dynamic Archaeological Field Director (project archaeologist) who is passionate about delivering the highest-quality project work. Your role will be to lead archaeological field projects, especially monitoring projects in an urban setting. You should be able to work up to full-time on an on-call basis. The person in this position, while based out of our Portland office, will be working in the Seattle, WA area and we are ideally seeking candidates local to Seattle.
• Supervise fieldwork (survey, site recording, testing, monitoring, and data recovery) of one or more crews in the field
• Assist Project Managers with client and construction crew communication, with project staffing, and with keeping projects on schedule and on budget
• Communicate with Project Managers and GIS staff through regular, scheduled field status reports
• Data QA/QC, organization, and tracking; field GPS data collection using Trimble units and/or tablets
• Responsible for office-based tasks, including literature reviews, site form and technical report preparation and submittal
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology or a closely related field is required; a Master's Degree is strongly preferred
• Ability to travel and conduct fieldwork for long hours (sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, and at high altitudes) and to carry equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
• Experience doing archaeological fieldwork in the Puget Sound region
• A minimum of 3 years of archaeological field experience is required
• Previous field supervisory experience is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@...or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.