Cultural Resource Associates (Field Technicians) out of the Moon Township Office in Pittsburgh, PA - Michael Baker Intl
Who is Michael Baker International? Why would I want to work there?
Michael Baker International provides engineering and consulting services for government, private, and commercial partners, assisting in planning, architectural, environmental, construction, and program management. Our employees demonstrate a world-class ability to solve complex problems. As a company, We Make a Difference.
Why do we do what we do; why is it important?
For most of us, it’s because it enables us to have a direct and meaningful impact on the communities and environment in which we live and serve. Across the continuum of our expertise and projects, our work: transforms the world; enables economies; creates healthier and more engaging cities and neighborhoods; and engineers, plans and designs the very infrastructure that sustains and improves our world. Simply stated, the work we do everyday matters. We Make a Difference every day with every engagement.
So what does a Cultural Resources Associate at Michael Baker International do?
Cultural Resources Associates are responsible for conducting archaeological field investigations; traveling to project locations in multiple states; conducting reconnaissance surveys and shovel testing; identifying and delineating archaeological sites; performing deep soil excavations in conjunction with geomorphological evaluations; assisting in the collection of field data and archival background contextual information; identifying prehistoric and historic artifacts; and conducting detailed excavations of archaeological features.
Could you be the Cultural Resources Associate we are looking for?
• For Arkansas posting, applicants within a general five (5) hour radius of southwestern Arkansas are preferred.
• Candidates for the position of Cultural Resources Associate should possess a degree (B.A. minimally or demonstration of curriculum leading to degree) in Anthropology (Archaeology), Cultural Resource Management, History, Geology, Soil Science or related field.
• Demonstration of experience in performing the tasks detailed above is preferred.
• The successful candidate must be a licensed driver.
• Applicants with substantial demonstrated experience in Phase II testing and/or Phase III data recovery will be given preference.
• Preference will also be given to individuals with health and safety certifications, as well as, compass skills, knowledge of soils, GPS, and Static Lidar.
Interested and qualified candidates please apply online at www.mbakerintl.com, job# 181192.