Archaeological Field Technician, SWCA Environmental, Tucson, Az
SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team of qualified cultural resources technicians based in Tucson, Arizona. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Your role will be to perform fieldwork, laboratory work, and under tasks under the direction of a Field Manger, Project Manager, and/or Principal Investigator. Project work will occur primarily in southern Arizona. Per diem and lodging are provided for all project work requiring overnight stays away from Tucson.
Our Tucson office offers a unique work environment and specializes in cultural and natural resources services..
Conduct archaeological fieldwork including monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery. Assist with mapping responsibilities in the field, including collection of GPS data. Conduct archaeological lab work, including artifact washing, analysis, and curation preparation.
• A Bachelor's Degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field or six (6) months field experience with a range of field methodologies, including survey, testing, excavation, and monitoring required
• An accredited Field School Certification is preferred
• Experience with a wide range of field methodologies, including archaeological survey, testing, excavation, methodology and monitoring preferred
• Knowledge of ArcPad or TerraSync is a plus
• Current valid driver's license and the ability to safely operate a 4wd vehicle on rugged, backcountry roads required
• Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email accommodations@...or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/wbsn4wf2nb6hjvsn