Hourly - Archaeological Field Technicians - Nevada
Hourly - Archaeological Field Technician
Desert Research Institute (DRI) is seeking applicants for multiple Hourly Archaeological Field Technician positions to participate in upcoming fieldwork in Lincoln County, Nevada for the summer during June and July. This is a great opportunity to build your resume with relevant and challenging field work. The project is in a remote area without cell phone coverage and requires use of personal camping gear. The successful applicants should have previous fieldwork experience in the Great Basin and/or Mojave Desert.
Key responsibilities include:
• Archaeological inventory over difficult terrain
• Knowledge of artifact types and materials typical of the Great Basin and/or Mojave Desert.
• Archaeological site identification and recordation using NV BLM standards.
• Minimum of one year of field experience in the western U.S.;
• Experience completing all necessary site recordation forms, mapping, and technical requirements;
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a dynamic research team.
• Must provide own dry camping gear and supplies. No cell phone coverage is available and water must be brought in.
• Bachelor’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a related discipline from an accredited institution.
Conditions of Employment
• Ability to conduct physically strenuous field activities, including lifting and carrying heavy equipment and samples (up to 50 lb), hiking up to 15-miles per day with a 40 lb pack over rough terrain in inclement weather, excavating test units, and screening sediments;
• Must have the ability to remain offsite/ in the field for three 8-days on/6-days off sessions
This position is for an Hourly Archaeological Field Technician with a rate of $18.07/hr. No benefits.
Qualified individuals interested in this position must attach the following documents to the Resume/CV section of your application. The system will accept multiple attachments to this section of the application up to 5MB. Please contact recruit@..., the day you apply, if assistance is needed with attachments.
1. Cover letter detailing how your experience and professional qualifications prepare you to succeed in this DRI role
2. Current resume
3. Contact information for three professional references
To ensure full consideration, your application package should be received by May 20, 2018 and include all of the required documents listed above. For questions regarding this position, please call the recruiting office at 775-673-7431.
The Desert Research Institute (DRI) is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. DRI employs only U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the United States.