WestLand Resources, Inc. - Archaeology Field Technician - job posting

We would like to post the following job opening. If you have any questions or for billing purposes please feel free to contact me at (520) 206-9585 ext. 1155 or at emartinez@....

WestLand Resources, Inc. is seeking archaeology technicians to perform field surveys and related work on a project near Superior, AZ and other projects throughout Arizona. Work in the Superior area is anticipated to start on or about March 5, 2018, and will last at least 8 weeks.
Qualifications
  • Associates Degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
  • Previous southwestern U.S. archaeological experience required.
  • Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment (extreme temperatures, rough terrain), and ability to carry equipment and supplies (up to 60 pounds).
  • Need to work as a member of a cohesive team.
  • Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Key Functions
  1. Conduct archaeological survey field work and identify artifacts, features, and sites
  2. Record archaeological sites on standardized forms and map them with a Trimble GPS
  3. Record isolated occurrences of artifacts and features with a Trimble GPS
  4. Perform preliminary in-field artifact analysis as necessary
  5. Artifact, feature, and site photography
WestLand will provide per diem and single-occupancy lodging during the work week (anticipated to be five days on/two off or four days on/three off).
At WestLand, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality.  Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.  We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Visit the link https://westlandresources.applicantpro.com/jobs/727078-128570.html to apply directly or, to learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability