Archaeology Crew Chief – Parsippany NJ - 2018

rjoe_brandon

Archaeology Crew Chief – Parsippany NJ - 2018

Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.

Tetra Tech Inc., is currently seeking applications for Archaeological Crew Chief positions. The archaeology crew chief positions require candidates who ideally have at least 2 to 4 years of experience in field situations managing archaeological crews. The crew chief should have a good understanding of Phase I, II, and III archaeological work, especially in the Middle Atlantic region. The crew chief must be capable of providing clear direction to archaeological technicians and must be capable of clear communication both with technicians and with the Field Director.

ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:

·       BA or higher degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in archaeology and must have completed an archaeology field school

·       Experience with GPS recordation technology in the field is important

·       The crew chief must be capable of working outdoors, often in rugged conditions

·       The candidate may work on projects that involve hiking in steep terrain and working in cold or hot conditions, sometimes during inclement weather

·       Candidate must be capable of carrying up to 30 lbs. of equipment including shovels, screens and a backpack

·       Candidate must have professional experience in the Middle Atlantic region and be capable of identifying both pre-Contact and historic period archaeological artifacts in the field, in addition to recognizing and investigating features

·       Candidate must be hard--working, good-natured, capable of giving clear direction to technicians and taking direction from the Field Director

·       Work schedule may involve 6-day work weeks and possibly long field days with overtime paid.

·       It is preferred that candidates have up-to-date Red Cross First-Aid and CPR training

·       Interested candidates must provide at least three professional references with current email addresses and telephone numbers

If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, for immediate consideration please submit your resume to Tetra Tech, Inc., at www.tetratech.com.  Please mention the position you are applying for in your cover letter and include salary requirements. A Pre-employment drug screen is required.

Tetra Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.

If you are disabled and need assistance with your job application process, please fax the position you are applying for to: (973) 630-8111.

Tetra Tech is an EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability employer.  Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.